Monday, January 12, 2015

Art for the New Year--One-Liners

I'm taking an online art class called Year of the Spark!  It's taught by the wonderful Carla Sonheim and Lynn Whipple.  It's positive and encouraging and SPECIFIC.  Boy do I need that!  And adaptable to all kinds of art forms.  And I've just been working on the first lesson!

My classmates are fun, too.  Lots of energy.  

We started with some drawing exercises and here are some of the beginning one-liners.

Spaniel-eared elephants (my own creation!):



Houses . . .

Birds . . .  A couple look kind of angry.  Some are in a hurry.  

Flowers . . .

And for those of you who know me . . . yes I translated something into fabric!  I'll post it soon (I hope!). 

We'll have a vendor booth at the Tucson Quilt Fiesta from January 23-25, 2015 at the Tucson Convention Center in Tucson, Arizona.  If you're in the area, please stop by.  We'll have quilts to show the quilting we can do.  Also some little black sewing machines to tempt you!  You know, the kind that come in little black cases!! 

Hope to see you there! 


1 comment:

Please let me know what you're thinking!