Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Quilt I'm Working on Now

Do you want a little peek at what I'm working on now?  It's a smallish quilt.  It's for a baby or a small person. 
You might be able to tell that it's almost done!  I'm stitching on the binding.  This is what we quilters call the home stretch.  Some people don't like hand stitching, but I like it's repetitiveness.  It's very soothing.  Just sit and listen to the Olympics and stitch away. 

Here's a photo that shows more of the front of the quilt. 
Aren't these great fabrics?!  These are NOT fabrics that I would have chosen at first glance.  But I think they turned out very cute and, since they come from the same line of fabric, they were designed to coordinate. 

The pattern I chose is a pattern of rectangular blocks.  It was very satisfying the put the top together.  The quilting stitches echo the rectangle shapes. 

When I'm truly and FINALLY finished, I'll show it to you.  This will probably get listed on either my etsy or artfire shop.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying it.  Can you tell?



1 comment:

  1. wonderful work, denny!
    aren't quilts amazing!
    thanks for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you're thinking!