Friday, March 3, 2017

Dear Blog--I've Missed You

Farm house in Kansas Settlement, Arizona
Dear Blog:
I haven't written in a long time.  A lot goes on in life and this blog got set aside.  I want to come back here.  I want to write and share photos.  I don't want my photos to stay in their files.  I want to show what's going on in life--hiking, nature, outdoors stuff.  I want to show art and quilt art.

When my husband and I were honored with some art residencies in 2015, I started posting on Facebook.  It's easy, fast, and addictive.  It's also hard to find things again.  I'll keep using FB, but I'll try to write here once in a while.  More often than my history shows.  I'll try to make it interesting.  

The photo above shows a worn, weathered, and abandoned farm house that is surrounded by the fields of Kansas Settlement, near Willcox, Arizona.  My husband and I took a day trip to this area to look for sandhill cranes.  We didn't find those birds, but we saw plenty of others.  And this interesting house.  With its layers of paint colors. 

It's giving me ideas . . .  Someday it might become a quilt, I'm thinking.

Thanks for reading this far and I hope to keep in better touch. 

Denny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you're thinking!